The old cliché “Do you want the good news or the bad news first?”
Here is the good news, since opening our independent websites our sales have over doubled and now 58% of our revenue comes from our websites.
The bad news is, from our experience just “opening” an independent store costs time and money and your new store is the “needle in the haystack”. Rarely will a customer searching for an item which you sell, find your new store unless, you have implemented some sort of traffic generation strategy driving traffic to your store.
So… the good news is from our experience having your own independent website can over double your sales, however you need to get traffic to your site. Here is how you can do it:
- Collect email addresses from every eBay sale to create an email database, then email the database weekly with offers and a link guiding them to your website.
- Put a discount card for your website in every parcel you ship from your eBay sales.
- Buy traffic from Google however… don’t spend a cent buying traffic from Google or any other PPC (pay per click) advertiser before studying a good PPC book. PPC is a fantastic way of buying quality traffic however for an unskilled operator, it is a great way to suck your credit card dry… fast!
- Buy traffic from comparison shopping engines
- Buy traffic from Facebook advertising
- Get free traffic from social media sites (my least favourite), however again be careful with this. Whereas PPC is a great way for the inexperienced to suck their credit card dry, social media for the inexperienced can be a great way to suck away all of your spare time and more, with very limited reward.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?